We have been sampling the quality of some printing services and have an extra Sample Calendar. What better way than to celebrate Christmas and the New Year than by having a giveaway for our readers. However, you are going to have to work for it ;D! So, we are holding a little competition over the next two weeks for one lucky reader to win the Sample Calendar plus postage and handling.
About the Sample Calendar
The calendar is a 12 picture flip calendar for the wall for the year 2010. It is 11″ by 8.5″ and features original coloured pictures from My Little Norway. The calendar also has marked Norwegian events, holidays and special celebrations (in Norwegian) such as 17 May – National Constitution Day, Mother’s Day, Easter, Fårikål Day, etc. The postage and handling (a specialised cardboard box) will be included in the prize – a regular post service will be used so once we have posted the Sample Calendar we will have no control on delivery. This Sample Calendar is one-of-a-kind and won’t be replaced.
Click on the image to enlarge (images not in order):
About the Competition
There will be two stages of the competition.
Tell us in the comments field under this article a funny story or experience that you have had about Norway. It doesn’t have to be when you were in Norway (some readers haven’t had the luxury of visiting… yet) but anything ABOUT Norway – such as a reindeer experience, meeting a Norwegian, your Norwegian husband ;D, eating luteifisk, etc. If you live in Norway – great too! – share your funny experiences. There are no limits to how many experiences or stories you can add – just make sure each addition is in a separate comment, as each comment will be considered as a whole.
By Sunday 13th December, midnight, Norwegian standard time, comments will be closed.
Moose and L-Jay will read all the stories and experiences and will pick five (5) of their favourite. They will post these five in a new article on Monday 14th December, 1am standard Norwegian time. Then readers will have a chance to read the picks and vote for their favourite to win the Sample Calendar. The way to vote is by commenting on this new article ‘My Little Norway’s Top Five‘ stating which story or experience you like the best. Only one vote per reader. You are welcome to express why you like the story you are voting for the best. However, only number of votes counts towards a winner. There will be three days for voting. On Wednesday 16th December midnight, standard Norwegian time, voting will be closed. Votes will be added and an article will be posted the next day announcing the winner. The Sample Calendar will also be posted on Thursday 17th December.
Rules of the Competition
1. Close family and friends of Moose and L-Jay cannot enter a story or experience. (Sorry guys – it’s just to keep things fair for everyone else as we won’t be influenced by you ;D. But you are welcome to vote!
2. Readers can submit as many funny stories as they like, however, each one must be in a separate comment (this means you will get more chances to win ;D). Stories written by Trolls will not be published – please keep all stories ‘PG’ rated as children do read this blog regularly. My Little Norway will delete any comment that is distasteful or disrespectful. Please, no swearing – we know you can be more creative!
3. The judges decision is final. Of course, the judging will be influenced by Mooses and L-Jay’s taste, but if you have been reading My Little Norway you will likely pick up on their sense of humour. The quality of the story, not the writing such as grammar or spelling, will be judged – but keep in mind that the storytelling (the way the story is told) is what can make or break a story.
4. Reader voting – readers vote on the article My Little Norway’s Top Five via the comment field section under the article. Readers can only vote once. It is hard to stop double voting but My Little Norway will do its best to ignore double votes from people. Spammers will not be published.
5. The prize includes the Sample Calendar and postage and handling. Once posted, delivery is out of My Little Norway’s hands. The Calendar will not be replaced if damaged or lost – this item is a one-of-a-kind. Delivery is likely not to reach the winner by Christmas, but hopefully it will be delivered before the New Year.
6. When the winner is published on Thursday 17th December, My Little Norway will contact them via email for a postal address. A quick response will ensure the Sample Calendar will be posted on that day.
Purchasing My Little Norway Calendar 2010
If you would like to purchase the calendar you can visit the My Little Norway Online Lulu store.